an analysis of the psychological contract between employers and employees and how this affects performance
please refer to attatchment file.
i have based my analysis of the dissertation title by using a case study. the ecase study i will be referring to will be My Travel (the tour operating company.)
1. Hallier, J & James, P Middle managers & the employee psychological contract: Agency, protection & Advancement. Journal of management studies 1997.
2. Burack et al, The new employment relations compact”. Human Resource Planning. the journal of HR planning society 1995 vol 18.1 pg12
3. Guest, D & Conway, Communicating the psychological contract, an employer perspective. HR Management Journal vol 12 No2 2002.
4. Pate et al, The imapact of pshycogical contract violation on employee attitudes & behaviour. Employee relations Vol 25 No 6 2003 557-573
5. Lester, S and Kickul J, Psychological Contracts in the 21st century: What employees value most and how well organisations are responding to these expectations. HR Planning 2001 vol 24.1 pg10
6. Woods R Managing to meet employee expactaions: Quality improvement tools narrow the gap between employee expectations & company resources. HR planning Society Vol 16 No 4 1993
7. Mcdonald D & Makin P The psychological contract, organisational commitment & job satisfaction of temporary staff. Leadership & organisation development Journal 21/2 (2000) pg 84-91
8. Porter L et al 1998 Diffential perceptions of employers inducements: Implications for psychological contracts. Journal of organisational behaviour 19 -pg 769-782.
9. Turnley W & Feldman D 2000 Re-examining the effects of psychological contract violations: Unmet expectations & job dissatisfaction as mediators. journal of organisational behaviour 21 p25-42
10. Anderson N & Schalk R 1998 The psychological contract in retrospect & prospect. journal of organisational behaviour 19 pg 637-647
11. Lester S et al (2002) not seeing eye to eye differences in supervisor & Subordinate perceptions of and attributions for psychological contract breach. Journal of organisational behaviour 23 pg 39-56
12. Guest D & Conway N communicating the pshycological contract: An empolyer perspective. HR management Journal Vol 12 no2 CIPD 2002
Rousseau D and Schalk R Pshycological contract in employment cross-national perspectives. 2000 sage publications.