Ante: The Divine Comedy Volume 1: Inferno
You are responsible for one book review. Unlike a traditional a?book report,a? a book review will require the student to go past a simple rendering of the basic outline of the plot and explore the thesis and main ideas presented in an assigned reading. A good review will place the book in context. You may want to ask yourself the following questions:
1. What genre does the book belong to?
2. What was the authoras purpose in writing the piece?
3. Who was/is the audience?
4. What connections can be made to other class materials or books I have read or other cultural a?textsa? I have encountered?
5. How well has the author argues his/her points?
6. In what way is this book a product of its age?
The review should be about 2-3 pages in length, double spaced, typed, with a cover page. Citations from the book or supporting texts are encouraged, but must be properly documented.