Ase Study: Should Business Hire Undocumented Workers?
Please read the attached case study (PDF file) labeled Case_12_Should_Business_Hire_Undocumented_Workers? and answer the 8 (Eight) questions that follow the case study reading on page 636. Please just number each question answered(1-8)on the case study paper *DO NOT REWRITE THE QUESTIONS ON THE PAPER* Here are the 8 (Eight) questions that follow (for your reference):
1. What are the legal and ethical issues in this case?
2. Is illegal immigration primarily an economic, legal, ethical, social, or political issue? Explain.
3. Are companies that hire illegal immigrants being socially responsible? Evaluate this practice using the Pyramid of CSR introduced in Chapter 2.
4. What are the legal and ethical arguments in favor of continuing to allow illegal immigrants to be hired by businesses? What are the legal and ethical arguments against illegal immigration? Which side do you support? Why?
5. Assess the issue of illegal immigration using a number of different ethical principles, such as the principles of rights, utilitarianism, and justice. What does each principle have to say about the issue of illegal immigration?
6. With E-Verify making it so easy for companies to obey the law, is there any excuse for not complying with the requirements of the law?
7. What will be the consequences of the Mohawk decision? Will this deter companies from hiring illegal immigrants?
8. What is your assessment of the new Arizona law? Why do states think they need to take action on this issue rather than waiting for the federal government to act?
Please answer each question completely and use the APA 6th edition format! Please also use the correct U.S. English language, grammar, and spelling when answering each question
TEXTBOOK: Business & Society : Ethics, Sustainability, and Stakeholder Management. Archie B. Carroll / Ann K. Buchholtz 8th Edition / South-Western Cengage Learning