Ateter-associated urinary tract infections in the Intensive Care Unit
Health care organizations are continuously immersed in change from the emergence of new policies, to promote quality care and improve patient safety to keeping pace with the rapid growth in knowledge and best practices. Establishing a solid framework for planning and implementing change in a wise move, as it provides
a foundation for the extensive coordination that will be needed to successfully facilitate the change.
For this assignment, you propose at the department or unit level and develop a plan for guiding the change effort.
1) Review chapter 8 in (Marquis & Huston, 2012)the course text. Focus on Kurt Lewins change theory, and contrast it with other classic change models and strategies.
2) Reflect on problems,inefficiencies, and critical issues within a specific department, unit, or area in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Select one issue as a focal point for this assignment, and consider a change that could be made to address this issue (PROBLEM FOR MY AREA IS CATHETER-ASSOCIATED URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT).
3)Think about how the change would align with the organizationss mission, vision, and values as well as relevant professional standards.
4) Using one fo the change models or strategies discussed in chapter 8, begin formulationg a plan for implementing the change within the department/unit. Outline the steps that you and or others should follow to facilitate the change effort. Align these steps to the change model or strategy you selected.
5) Determine who should be involved in initiating and managing change. Consider the skills and characteristics that are necessary to facilitate this change effort. Align these steps to the change model or strategy you selected.
6) Determine who should be involved in initiating and managing the change. Consider the skills and characeristics that are necessary to facilitate this change effort.
******TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT DO THE FOLLOWING*****
1) WRITE A 3 PAGE PAPER THAT ADDRESSES THE FOLLOWING:
(A) IDENTIFY A PROBLEM, INEFFICIENCY, OR ISSUE
WITHIN A SPECIFIC DEPARTMENT OR UNIT WHICH IS:
(CATHETER-ASSOCIATED URINARY TRACT INFECTION IN
THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT)
(B) DESCRIBE A SPECIFIC, REALISTIC CHANGE THAT COULD
BE MADE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE.
(C) SUMMERIZE HOW THE CHANGE ALIGN WITH THE
ORGANIZATIONS MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES AS
WELL AS RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS.
(D) IDENTIFY A CHANGE MODEL OR STRATEGY TO GUIDE
YOUR PLANNING FOR IMPLEMENTING THE CHANGE.
PROVIDE A RATIONALE FOR YOUR SELECTION.
(E) OUTLINE THE STEPS THAT YOU AND/OR OTHERS WOULD
FOLLOW TO FACILITATE THE CHANGE. ALIGN THESE
STEPS TO YOUR SELECTED CHANGE MODEL OR STRATEGY.
(F) EXPLAIN WHO WOULD BE INVOLVED IN INITIATING AND
MANAGING THIS CHANGE. DESCRIBE THE SKILLS AND
CHARACTERISTICS THAT WOULD BE NECESSARY TO
FACILITATE THE CHANGE EFFORT.
****ONE REFERENCE HAS TO BE**********************
1) Marquis, B.L., & Huston, C.J.(2012). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.