Bioethical Case Study: Embryonic Stem Cell Research
1. Beuchamp, Tom and Le Roy Walters. (eds.) Introduction to Ethics. Contemporary Issues in Bioethics 5th ed. 1999. Wadsworth Publishing Co. pp. 1-38 and 164-186.
2. The Ethics Workup, Daniel P. Sulmasy, O.F.M., M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine (***I Will Fax***) Its only 2 pages.
3. Miller, Franklin G. Ph.D., Fletcher, John C. Ph.D., Fins, Joseph J. Ph.D., Clinical Pragmatism: A Case Method of Moral Problem Solving (***Must Find the Journal and forward it to you, otherwise I will fax the entire article***)
4. May, Thomas. Patient Autonomy and Informed Consent. Ch. 2. pp 13-31.
Bioethics In A Liberal Society: The Political Framework of Bioethics Decision Making. 2002 Johns Hopkins University Press.
5. Faden, Ruth R., Beauchamp, Thomas. The Concept of Informed Consent. A history of Informed Consent. Oxford University Press 1986.
6. Buchanen, Allen and Dan W. Brock. Deciding For Others: CompetencyThe Millbank Quarterly, vol. 64:2. 1986.
7. Beauchamp, Tom and Walters Le Roy, The Beginning of Life, Contemporary Issues in Bioethics 5th ed. pp 189-246 (See source #1)
8. Parens, Erik, On The Ethics and Politics of Embryonic Stem Cell Research. The Human Embryonic Stem Cell Debate: Science, Ethic and Policy, Holland, S., K. Lebacqz, L, Zoloth, (eds.) 2001. MIT Press
9. National Bioethics Advisory Commission Ethical Issues in Human Stem Cell Research: Executive Summary. Rockville, Maryland. September, 1999
10. Fletcher , J., NBACs Arguments on Embryo Research: Stengths and Weaknesses. (See resource # 8)
11. Avila, Daniel. The Present Stnading of the Human Embryo in U.S. Law. The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly Vol. 1 No. 2 Summer, 2001. pp 203-226
12. Mc Lean, Margaret, Stem Cellls: Shaping the Future in Public Policy. Holland et. al 2001 pp. 197-206
Dear writer, you produced my last paper and it was wonderful. Thank you. This one is a bit more challenging because of the resources. I have them in my possession and can fax the ones that you cannot find. Some are lengthy and faxing or scanning is not ideal. Please contact me When you are ready to begin with any questions.