BTU)International Human Resource Management
please see ZIP document i upload..that is very important.
including the PPT from my lecture…you need use that knowledge.
because i can not download PPT from website..so i made it as photo for you. please read that. thx
Instructions on Assessment:
With reference to appropriate models, theories, frameworks and academic literature, you are to required to select two of the following essay titles, one from Box A and one from Box B and provide an answer in the form of a discursive essay in not more than 1500 words for each title [3000 words in total].
The pieces of work are equally weighted at 50% of the overall mark. Note that you should not include any appendices in your finished piece of work.
1. Assess the extent to which national governments influence the role and effectiveness of international human resource management policies and practices.
2. Explain the concepts of convergence and divergence. Provide examples, particularly from your own country context, of HR practices which are (a) become more similar across the world and (b) remain distinctive.
3. What is the relationship of national culture to human resource management?
1. How does national culture affect the selection process? Give some examples of the different selection processes that are used in three countries and explain why these differences occur.
2. Thinking of a multinational organisation that plans to transfer its employment relations practices to its overseas subsidiaries, why might it find that they are implemented in full in some countries, partially in others, and not at all in others. (Edwards et al., 2007:215).
3. How can the consistency of international compensation across international locations be achieved when local environments differ?
Word limits for assignments
The word count is to be declared on the front page of your assignment. The word count does not include:
yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Title and Contents page yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Reference list yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Appendices yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Appropriate tables, figures and illustrations
yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Glossary yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Bibliography yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 Quotes from interviews and focus groups.
Please note, in text citations [e.g. (Smith, 2011)] and direct secondary quotations [e.g. yiyii?? 0.5 0.5 dib-dab nonsense analysisyiyii?? 0.5 0.5 (Smith, 2011 p.123)] are INCLUDED in the word count.
Summarising and compressing the information in your assignment into the word limit is one of the skills that students are expected to acquire, and demonstrate as part of the assignment process.
Referencing your work:
In this institution the Harvard method of referencing is used.
The Harvard method of referring to publications and of arranging references uses the authors name and the date of the publication. References are listed at the end of the text in alphabetical order by authors name. The general format of a journal reference is shown below:
Smith, J. (1999) How to succeed! Journal of Entrepreneurs , 1(2), p. 34-56
Authoryiyii?? 0.5 0.5 s name and initials are listed first, followed by year of publication in brackets. Then there is the title of article and the journal where article appears, which is underlined or in italics. Finally, state the volume and issue Number (in brackets) along with the pages where article can be located.
A short guide to Harvard referencing will also be available on the Sunspace site under the module assessment navigation button.
Academic Integrity and Misconduct:
Your attention is drawn to the Universityyiyii?? 0.5 0.5 s stated position on plagiarism. THE WORK OF OTHERS, WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE ASSIGNMENT MUST BE ATTRIBUTED TO ITS SOURCE (a full bibliography and/or a list of references must be submitted as prescribed in the assessment brief).
Please note that this is intended to be an individual piece of work. Action will be taken where a student is suspected of having cheated or engaged in any dishonest practice. Students are referred to the University regulations on plagiarism and other forms of academic irregularity. Students must not copy or collude with one another or present any information that they themselves have not generated.Added on 13.04.2015 07:28
please download PPT from this website linking.