Community nursing practicum on heroin in the county of Philadelphia pa
The following are directions to write the narrative description of your field project. It should appropriately note in-text citations and references. You may attach as appendices any charts, tables, or other materials (labeled with the source identified per APA format). The document should be a minimum of 7 pages and no more than 10 pages, not including the reference page(s) and appendices. Use the headings in the task outline below as the headings for your written paper.
1. Describe the community where you performed your fieldwork. In your description, identify each of the following items:
a? Geographical area (e.g., county, city, town)
a? Area size
a? Population size
a? Physical and social environment
2. Create a community genogram/profile reflecting the health status of the community.
Note: This should be included as an appendix.
3. Discuss the health concern you studied in your fieldwork. Include the following:
a? Background in relation to Healthy People 2020 (2010) and local public health data that characterizes this health concern
a? Data from national, state, and/or local level related to the health concern
4. Describe the population of interest affected by the health concern you studied in your fieldwork. In your description, include each of the following components:
a? Demographics including socioeconomic status and educational level
a. Explain how this health concern is linked to a health inequity for the population of interest.
b. Use data to support your conclusion.
5. Discuss the community resources and partners (e.g., mission, activities, websites) currently involved with the health concern.
1. Discuss aspects of the health concern not being addressed despite the efforts of the partners involved.
C. Outcomes Identification
1. Explain the ultimate outcome(s) or goal(s) for improvement related to the health concern.
1. Recommend nursing actions to improve the health concern.
Note: Use the Minnesota Intervention Wheel as an aid in selecting the broad areas for nursing action.
2. Explain how you and other nurses might work with the community and the population of interest to improve the health concern.
Note: Select primary and secondary prevention activities only.
3. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to implement your recommendations.
4. Discuss the overall objective(s) for implementing these activities.
5. Create a timeline for expected outcomes.
1. Explain how you would evaluate whether the efforts to improve the health concern were effective.
a? Include in your explanation the tools you might use to do this evaluation.
1. Reflect on how your perspective of the communityas health and the national, state, and local efforts toward a healthier population has changed as a result of your fieldwork.
G. Supplemental Materials
1. Include supplemental materials at the end of your paper.
a? Reference pages in APA format
a? Appendices as needed, including your genogram
2. Submit a completed time log documenting at least 90 hours of clinical experience in community health.
Note: Please use the attached Community Health Fieldwork Documentation Form (non-regulated states)
a. The complete time log should contain the appropriate acknowledgments, your handwritten or typed signature, and date.
Note: Use the attached Community Health Fieldwork Documentation Form and be sure to include the date, the location, a description of the experience, a brief list of people who were involved, and the amount of time spent for each event. This should be included as an appendix.
H. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.