Compare and contrast Claude McKay poem America with Langston Hughes poem Let America be America”
Thesis: something that will be prove or argue
1. FOUR CRITERIA. Figurative language, rhyme and rhythm, history, and social/political issues(racism;social justice)
2. In first paragraph, introduce the two poets and poems and explain thesis.( do not use similaries or differences.
3. In the second paragraph discuss the poets biography. may use qoutes, but NOT from the internet.(each poet can have his own paragraph).
4. In third paragraph EXPLAIN THE FOUR CRITERIA.
e.g. give definition of fiqurative language. donot discuss differences and similiarities.
5. Fourth paragraph: show the differences and similarities between the two poems based on the FRIST citeria. (fiqurartive Lang.)
6. fifth paragraph: show the differences and similarities between the two poems based on the SECOND critria. (rhyme and Rhymth)
7. proceed the same way for the sixth and seven paragraphs, using the third and fourth critrias.
BE SURE TO RELAE EACH PARAGRAPHS BACK TO THE THESIS.
8. In concluding paragraph, summarize and restate thesis
9. use at least six qoutes from the poems (three for each).
10. use six quotes from Crtical sources”