Consult clients of stock market analysis
As the representative from your accounting firm or practice, you are in charge of stock market analysis
that will be presented to clients as part of professional consultation process. One of your high-profile
clients is trying to determine the possible investment potential between two companies. However, before
you can recommend investments to clients, you need to familiarize yourself with the background of the
companies, analyze stock trends, research current events, and analyze financial statements. Select one
(1) pair of these companies and conduct your analysis.
a? Pepsi versus Coca Cola, or
a? Amazon versus eBay
Write 7 page paper in which you:
1. Analyze each companyas history, product / services, major customers, major suppliers, and
leadership and provide a synopsis of each company.
2. Based on the stock price for the timeline listed below, present a graph that illustrates the stock
price of each company. Indicate conclusions that can be drawn based on the trend:
a. The day of its initial public offering
b. January 1, 2013
c. January 1, 2012
d. January 1, 2011
3. Research and summarize at least two (2) news events (this may include mergers, acquisitions, or
political issues) that occurred from 2012 to the present day and the potential impact on the stock
price of each company. Indicate how this influences your investment decision related to the
4. Provide an overall financial analysis for each company that highlights the key characteristics for
investment and how this may impact an investoras decision.
5. Based on your review of the financial data for each company, indicate the accuracy and reliability
of the data for making investment decision. Provide support for your conclusion.
6. Recommend which company you consider as the better investment for your client and how you
will present your recommendation. Support your recommendation with data from your analysis.
7. Use at least four (6) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
a? Be typed, double space, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; musthave citations and references must follow APA format