Critical review and data analysis of two nursingresearch publications
This assessment is a critical review of two research publications. The two articles are
Foster, M. & Chaboyer, W. (2003). Family carers of icu survivors: A survey of the burden they experience. Scandinavian Journal of caring sciences, 17(3), 205-214.
Blyth, R., Creedy,D.,Dennis,C.L., Moyle, W. &De Vries, S.M. (2002). Effect of maternal confidence on breastfeeding duration: An appraisal of breast feeding self-efficacy theory. Birth, 29(4), 278-284.
The questions required to be answered are
1. What was the research question(s) and if appropriate, what was the research hypotheses?
2. What descriptive statistics were used and were they appropriate for the level of data? (Substantiate your answer).
3. What inferential statistics were used and were they appropriate for the level of the data? (Substantiate your answer).
4. What were the main results? You should research questions or hypotheses to structure this section and provide an overview.
5. Were the results including tables and figures clear, appropriate and logically presented? (Substantiate your answer).
The structure of this assignment is in two parts, one for each of the articles. In the first part identify the complete citation for the article and then answer the questions 1-5 (labelling your answers as such).. In the second part, identify the complete citation for the article and then answer the questions 1-5)labelling your answers as such.
The breakdown of marking is for both articles the same
Identification of the research question and hypotheses 2marks
Analysis of descriptive statistics used 4 marks
Analysis of inferential statistics used 4 marks
Overview of the results 4 marks
Critique of the results 4 marks
Gramer and spelling correct referencing 4 marks.