Critically appraise how organizations can improve their Customer knowledge management?
STUDY REPORT STRUCTURE
The project should be 4,500 5,000 words in length (excluding quotations and footnotes).
The structure of the report could be in the following general format:
a? Title page
a? Declaration (Signed by student)
a? Abstract (one page)
a? Contents page
a? List of tables
a? List of figures
In this section the student is expected to identify and describe the question they have chosen, the resources that they intend to research in order to gain a greater understanding and knowledge of the question topic.
2 The main body of the report:
In this section the student will demonstrate the depth and breadth of their critical literature research indicating the main arguments and debates surrounding their chosen question topic using secondary headings: Remembering that it is on this literature research that any final answer provided for the question chosen will depend (see 3 below). Also all sources must be referenced properly in this section and fully referenced in the bibliography.
Reference should also be made to the ideological/political perspectives of the various academic sources that you find in your research.
3 Your question answer based on the above research:
In this section you should provide an answer to your chosen question based on the review of the literature above taking into account any possible ideological/political bias it may contain. Your arguments in forming an answer must be supported by the arguments found in your literature research.
In this section you need pull the whole Report together by providing a brief statement of what you have done to arrive at your final answer.
5 The Report must contain the following:
a? Reference list
a? Glossary of terms
a? Word count (Sum of words from 1.Introduction to 4. Conclusions)
6 You should also include on submission of the final work:
a? A hard copy of your Reflective Report
a? The first page of your TurnitinUK receipts/reports
Please note: You should put concepts and ideas in your own words. Only use quotations and extracts when they are critical to the IS Report. We would expect to see a TurnitinUK percentage of less than 15% with appropriate referencing. The LOGIN information is to be found in Moodle.
If any students cannot submit their Report into Turnitin can they please contact the module leader as soon as possible?
The majority of the grade will be awarded for your own a?original worka.
Assignment Number and Type: 1. Investigative Study (90%)
Assignment Title: See Below
Assignment Length: 4500-5000 words
Submission Deadline: Monday 28th April 2014 by 5pm
LO1: Be able to undertake independent research into an identified related topic
LO2: Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of academic literature relating to the topic selected
LO3: Be able to critically appraise research methodologies
LO4: Be able to demonstrate skills of analysis, synthesis, evaluation and critical thinking
LO5: Be able to communicate complex ideas by means of a report
LO6: Understand and reflect upon your own skills and abilities as a researcher carrying out an academic piece of work, monitor and review your own progress and reflect on your own learning
LO8: Demonstrate academic integrity
Address one of the following topics for your investigative study:
1. Critically discuss the impact of the global economic crisis on the phenomenon of a?globalisationa.
2. Critically appraise how organizations can improve their Customer knowledge management?
3. Critically evaluate the usefulness of Porteras Five Forces Framework for a not-for-profit (e.g. Charitable) organisation.
4. Critically appraise the impact of knowledge management practices used by large organisations on their operational efficiencies.
5. Critically evaluate the notion that, with the demise of organised labour, a?zero hoursa? contracts are here to stay.
6. Critically discuss how information systems are transforming business, and what is their relationship to globalisation?
7. Critically evaluate how the internet has changed the way consumers shop?
8. Critically discuss how can entrepreneurship and small business development contribute to the economic recovery?
9. Critically evaluate initiatives being used by the government to develop and foster an enterprise culture.
10. Critically appraise how organisations strive to build a happy workforce.
11. Critically assess the success of the Governments apprenticeship scheme.
12. Critically evaluate the positives and negatives of using social media in recruitment.
13. Critically assess the role of consumer brand extensions. Your response must be grounded in a critical discussion of relevant branding theory and concepts.
14. Critically suggest how new business formation affects regional development.
15. Critically review the notion that national governments can control international flows of global capital.
16. Critically evaluate the use of the balanced score card in the business environment.
17. Critically assess how Twitter can be used to inform and enhance the Marketing Communications Planning Framework discussed by Fill (2009, p.309)*. Your response must be grounded in a critical discussion of relevant Marketing Communications theory and concepts. *Fill, C. (2009) Marketing Communications: Interactivity, Communities and Content, 5th Edition, Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd
18. Question unavailable
19. Critically evaluate the role of knowledge from customers in developing innovative products.
20. Critically appraise the notion that the introduction of family-friendly policies in the workplace can actually have a negative impact on the individuals and organisations.
21. Compare and contrast the ways that social media marketing can help organizations to market their products.
22. Question unavailable
23. Critically discuss how Information Systems support business functions in an organisation.
Please note Students are expected to justify their answers using case study evidence from relevant journal articles.
N.B. Please refer to the module guide for detailed guidelines regarding what is required in an investigative study.
Secondary Research Level HE6 It is expected that a reference list will contain between fifteen and twenty sources. As a MINIMUM the reference list should include three refereed academic journals, three professional journals and three academic books.
Specific Assessment Criteria
First class: Virtually all of the relevant information/skills are accurately deployed. This report will demonstrate an excellent grasp of theoretical, conceptual, analytical and practical elements. Effective integration of theory, practice and information in relation to the objectives of the assessment will also be demonstrated. Substantial evidence of originality and creativity as appropriate to the subject will be provided.
Referencing and research will be excellent and used effectively throughout to support your arguments.
Second class: Most of the relevant information/skills are accurately deployed. A good grasp of theoretical, conceptual, analytical and practical elements will be demonstrated. Effective integration of theory, practice and information in relation to the objectives of the assessment will be evident. There will also be some evidence of originality and creativity as appropriate to the subject. Referencing and research will be very good.
Third class: Some of the relevant information/skills accurately deployed. Some grasp of theoretical, conceptual, analytical and practical elements will be evident. Integration of theory, practice and information in relation to the objectives of the assessment will be demonstrated. There will be some evidence of originality as appropriate to the subject. Referencing and research will meet the minimum requirements and be used correctly.
Fail: Students who do not meet the requirements of a third class grade will not successfully com