Discussing evidence for the suggestion that the prion protein may function as metal biniding protein
I need a 2000 word assay discussing evidence for the suggestion that the prion protein may function as metal biniding protein.
The assay should include the following in most important concideration:
1. What evidence is here for metals binding to prion proteins
2. What techniques have been used to demonstrate the role of metals in prion disease?
3. Which metal have been shown to bind prion protein
4. Is the structure or the function of the prion protein altered by metal binding?
5. Is there evidence for metal binding to prion protein lead to the progression of disease?
Prion proteins from both human and non-human sources can be disscussed in the assay, also include diagrams relevant to the subject of the assay
The assay should start with an introduction/background to the subject before going onto disscution of the current concepts/theories/arguments.
I also would like the assay to meet upper 2:1 understanding