Ealing with Stress and Violence in the Workplace
Dealing with Stress and Violence in the Workplace
i) Working in the health care industry often puts health care professionals in the line of danger from ill patients, stressed families, overburdened health care facilities, and the many situations and locations in which each individual works. The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool has been designed to decrease the stress levels of those that experienced or witnessed violence or trauma. Write a 500-750-word APA style paper describing the CIS. Be sure to specifically address:
(1) What is the purpose of using the tool?
(2) The process of using the tool.
(3) The expected outcome from utilizing this stress management tool.
(4) Name at least 3 professions that are at risk and have utilized the tool.
(5) Do you believe the tool to be useful in decreasing stress and coping with violence in the workplace? Why or why not?
(6) List several physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral reactions to stress.
ii) Use APA style and cite in text and in the References section as necessary. An abstract is required.