Ealth Care Provider Faith and Diversity (First Draft)
The practice of health care providers at all levels brings you into contact with people from a variety of faiths. This calls for knowledge and acceptance of a diversity of faith expressions.
Choose one of the following options to complete this assignment:
1. Interview three individuals about their faith. They can be friends, family members, peers, and/or health care providers of diverse faiths.
2. Research Christianity and two other diverse faiths. Choose faiths that are less known than mainstream faiths or are less known to you, such as Sikh, Bahai, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc.
3. Research Christianity and one other diverse faith group; interview the individuals about his or her faith.
Provide a comparative analysis of the philosophy of providing care from the perspective of these faiths and/or individuals with that of the Christian perspective.
In 1,000 to 1,250 words, summarize the interviews or research and provide a comparative analysis of the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research.
Answer the following questions based on the interviews and/or research:
1. What is your spiritual perspective on healing?
2. What are the critical components of healing, such as prayer, meditation, belief, etc.?
3. What is important to people of a particular faith when cared for by health care providers whose spiritual beliefs differ from their own?
In your conclusion, describe what you have learned from these interviews and how this learning can be applied to a health care provider practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.