Ealth Program for Latina Immigrant SLP5
Read the following topic as your main reference source and answer the questions below.
Health and health care seeking among Latina immigrants
GarcA©s, I. C., Scarinci, I. C., & Harrison, L. (2006). An examination of sociocultural factors associated with health and health care seeking among Latina immigrants. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health,8(4), 377-85. doi: s10903-006-9008-8
Write a 3-page paper that addresses the following:
1. Explain how you would approach a health education program for Latina Immigrant cultural group . Support your choices with scholarly references.
2. Would your program be for the person, extended family, or neighborhood?
3. What positive perceptions, enablers, and nurturers would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome?
4. What positive aspects of cultural empowerment would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome? What existential ones would you acknowledge but not try to change?
5. What challenges do you foresee in trying to plan and implement health education programs for this cultural group?
LENGTH: Your paper should be typed APA formate and double-spaced, with one-inch margins and 12-point font, and meet the exact number of pages specified in the assignment instructions.
Include cover page and subtitle.
REFERENCES: Cite your references in the text of all papers and on the reference list at the end. For examples, review the way the references are listed in the modules and on the background reading list.