Epression and treatment outcome related to psychopharmacology
Term Report on Depression(major and minor) for Psychopharmacology subject
Term Report instructions: provide a report of a psychological/biological disorder and the psychopharmacological management of that disorder. Depression is the disorder to write about. This report will also include psychological therapies and address issues of treatment outcomes for pharmacological, psychological and combined treatment. Include in this report an example of ones counter transference toward the uses of medications prescribed, non-prescribed, legal or illegal.
Term Report Requirements
Term Report is to be 6 pages in length and must include the following:
1. A disordered a?Depressiona?covered the following textbooks, the main textbook is a?The Therapist Guide to Psychopharmacology: Working with Patient, Families, and Physicians to Optimize Care (2010 Revised Edition by Patterson, Albala, McCahill and Edwards.
Also the following 3 books are required for information and must be cited as they are used within the body of the paper.
a? CLINICAL PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY made ridiculously simple 5th Edition (2005) by Preston and Johnson.
a? Introduction to Behavioral Pharmacology (2000) Edited by Poling and Byrne.
a? Psychopharmacology: Straight talk on Mental Medications 2nd Edition (2012) by Wegmann
2. A cover Page and A Reference Page Research from the following texts , can be included but not limited to the above mentioned texts. Recommended textbooks are the following:
a? Loosening The Grip 11th Edition by Kinney
a? Uppers, Downers, all Uppers, Downers, and All Arounders 6th Edition by Inaba, and Cohen
a? Addiction and Change 2003 by DiClemente
a? Davisas Drug Guide for Rehabilitation Professionals (2013) by Ciccone
a? Fequently Prescribed Medications: Drugs You Need to Know 2nd Edition (2014) by Mancano and Gallagher
3. Quotation sites in APA form
4. Psychological Therapies with Treatment Outcomes
5. Pharmacological Therapies with Treatment Outcomes
6. Combined Psychological Therapies and Pharmacological Therapies with Treatment Outcomes
7. Reflection of the Process (what was going on with you and the reason why you chose the disorder you chose) (write an example: countertransference e.g. a member of family, relative or a friend is going through depression)
8. Countertransference toward the use of medications prescribed, non-prescribed, Over-the-Counter, legal or illegal (why donat I like/agree with certain medications, becausea¦a¦.addictive/contraindications/side effectsa¦.etc.
9. Strentghs and Weaknesses of medications in treating the chosen disorder including side effects.
10. Legal and Ethical Issues to consider as marriage and family therapists working with clients prescribed any medications (for example: canat prescribe medicationsa¦canat suggest/advice to take or not take medications, but can ask if client is taken their medications and when was the last time he/she/they have taken their medications, also therapist can obtain consent from client to contact physician/psychiatrist, does the medication seem to work or does not seem to be working. Ask physician what other medications he/she prescribed and the client fails to take).
11. What you should be aware of when you client is taking medications for health reasons, when you should confer with the prescribing physician/psychiatrist and what legal and ethical issues are involved.