EVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL MODEL OF LEADERSHIP
DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL MODEL OF LEADERSHIP:
Answer the following:
1. Who are the influencers (leaders) in your life who have had a positive (or, in some cases, negative) impact on your life, such as parents, teachers, coaches, or bosses? What did you learn from these people about leadership?
2. Think of your life purpose, dreams. Why are you here, and what do you want to accomplish?
3. What are your core principles (VABEas)1 that will guide your behavior as you attempt to live out your life purpose?
4.Given what you have learned from past leaders (examples in #1), your life purpose and your core principles (VABEas), what are your beliefs about leading people.
5. What can people expect from you?
6. What do you expect from your people? (assuming you are in a leadership position)
7. How will you set an example for your people?
1VABEas: (Clawson, L3L, p.26) Values, Assumptions, Beliefs and Expectations about the way the world is or should be. VABEas involve yours and others core principles that guide your behavior and thought process in making decisions every day. They guide the influence you have or do not have with others.
The written part should be well thought out, grammatically correct and 2-3 typed pages (I am more interested in the quality and thought put into the responses, so, by themselves, shorter papers will not count against you). It is due on or before October 7, 2013.
The leader I want for this project is George WashingtonCurrently I am junior majoring in Business Management and this class is called Leadership & Ethics in the Business Environment”
ask me if you have any questions.