Evising of Optimisation Models and Modeling Systems for Supply Chain Planning and Management
The assignment is a Research Proposal for admission to a Master Degree by Research. There should be around 1100-1250 words in it.
The idea is that successful supply chain management in a company is/should be based on a stable optimisation modeling system equipped with relevant databases for decision making. This whole planning in based on the following: 1) a field in mathematics called Operations Research, which is basically mathematical programming, modeling and optimisation;
2) concepts of various management sciences (company strategy and decision making, logistics, production and innovation management, optimisation of value chain, financial management, marketing and demand forecasting and others);
3) proper personnel motivating systems.
Some useful books, although itd be great if you find some other good ones.
1. Modeling the Supply Chain by Jeremy F.Shapiro, Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
2. Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance. M.E. Porter. New York: the Free Press. MacMillan;
3. Network-Modeling Tools: Enhancing Supply Chain Decision Making. Jiminez S.,Brown T., Jordan J.
4. Optimising the Value Chain. Shapiro J.E.,Singhal V.M., Wafner S.N.
5. Mathematical Programming Systems. Tomlin J.A., Welch J.S.
6.The Resilient Enterprise: Overcoming Vulnerability for Competitive Advantage. Yossi Sheffi. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England.
7. some books about logistics management, theory of a firm (recourse-based), decision making.