Finish the coursework within Excel format
The total amount of pages can differ, please specify and i will pay
(2) ONLINE PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION (80% weighting)
The dataset to be used for the portfolio has been uploaded to CUOnline, Moodle, 124bss, Resit.xls.
Submission will be in Excel format, one sheet for each of the 5 exercises. Remember to answer ALL the points.
You will submit on Moodle through the link provided, as you did for your portfolio (the link will be available from August 1st).
However, you are also advised to submit an electronic copy of the portfolio by email to:
This is the list of the 5 portfolio items:
1. Using a newspaper of your choice, prepare a list of (a) categorical variables (b) ordinal variables (c) quantitative variables, interval and ratio scale. (d) present all variables with the right graphs
2. Using the variables in the dataset, SHEET 1, (a) construct the right graphs for the three variables; (b) generate the scatterplots and calculate the Pearsonas coefficient for each couple of variables (c) provide comments about the results (hint: it is about the correlation)
3. Using data provided in the dataset, SHEET 2, please fill all the columns. Here you will have to calculate: frequency, cumulative frequency, relative frequency, relative cumulative frequency, mean, median, mode, range, variance and standard deviation.
(Hint: we did something similar in week 2, 3 and 4, check the exercise we did then).
4. Perform, using Excel, Regression function, the following regression analysis.
A candy bar manufacturer is interested in trying to estimate how sales are influenced by the price of their product. To do this, the company randomly chooses 6 small cities and offers the candy bar at different prices. Using candy bar sales as the dependent variable, the company will conduct a simple linear regression on the data below:
City Price ($) Sales
River Falls 1.20 100
Hudson 1.60 90
Ellsworth 1.70 90
Prescott 2.80 40
Rock Elm 2.90 38
Stillwater 2.95 32
Rocky Hill 3.40 20
a) Write the regression equation using the results of the excel table
b) Determine the slope and the intercept
c) Determine what percentage of the total variation in candy bar sales is explained by prices?
d) Generate the scatterplot
e) Which conclusions you can from this? How to maximize sales?
5. Using the data in the dataset provided, SHEET 3, determine:
(a) THE NETWORK DIAGRAM OF THE PROJECT
(b) THE ZERO FLOAT ACTIVITIES
(c) THE CRITICAL PATH WITH THE COMPLETE DURATION OF THE PROJECT.
(Hint: it is the same procedure used in week 13)