GE OF MODERNITY, ANXIETY, AND IMPERIALISM, 1894-1914 AND BEGINNING OF THE 20th CENTURY CRISIS: WAR AND REVOLUTION
Answer the below questions. Each answer should be at least five sentences long.
1. Define Social Darwinism. How did this interpretation
of human existence shape late nineteenthand early
twentieth-century European society?
2. What did women hope to achieve in the feminist movement? To what extent were they successful by 1914?
3. What were the causes of the New Imperialismof the late nineteenth century? What were some of the arguments to justify this imperialism? What were the results or consequences of this imperialism?
4. What nation, if any, played the biggest role in the start of World War I? Base your answer on the actual events that preceded the conflict.
5. Discuss the effects of World War I on political life, economic affairs, the social classes, and women.
6. What caused the Russian Revolution? How did Lenin and the Bolsheviks manage to seize and hold power despite their small numbers?