Hallenges of gay people serving in the military
Focus of the Final Paper: Challenges of allowing gay people to serve openly in the military.
In an eightto ten-page paper, discuss one significant organizational challenge, either past or present, within your organization or an organization you have researched. How did the leadership of the organization address the challenge? Could it have been done more effectively? How would you recommend future leaders strategically plan to avoid encountering a similar challenge within their own organizations? Provide suggestions for overcoming the challenge based on your own research and concepts presented in your degree program and grounded in leadership theory. Some challenges to consider would be: a challenge of organizational culture.
The Final Paper should, at minimum, include:
1. A description of the organization and its primary stakeholders. Include the vision and mission statement if they are available to the public, and the code of ethics if the company has one (if it is long, an excerpt or description is an acceptable alternative). US Air Force, Mission, Vision, ethics available on web.
2. A detailed description of one challenge facing the leadership of the organization. Allowing gay people to serve openly in the military
3. A strategy for overcoming the challenge based on outside research, the textbook, and concepts discussed during your degree studies.
4. Text info in case it is needed: London, M., & Mone, E. (2012). Leadership for Today and the Future. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.
2. Must include a cover page with:
o Title of Paper
o Studentas name
o Course name and number
o Name of paper
o Instructoras name
o Date submitted
3. Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
6. Must use at least four scholarly sources to support your analysis and recommendations.
7. Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
8. Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.