Hapter 14 Case Study: JetBlue and WestJet: A Tale of Two IS Projects.
Kenneth C. Laudon & Jane P. Laudon Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 12th ed. ISBN-10: 0-13-214285-6 ISBN-13: 978-0-13-214285-4
Please read and review the Chapter 14 Case Study:
JetBlue and WestJet: A Tale of Two IS Projects. After your review, please answer the following questions and formulate them into an APA formatted paper:
1. How important is the reservation system at airlines such as WestJet and JetBlue? How does it impact operational activities and decision-making?
2. Evaluate the key risk factors of the projects to upgrade the reservation systems of WestJet and JetBlue.
3. Classify and describe the problems each airline faced in implementing its new reservation system. What management, organization, and technology factors caused those problems?
4. Describe the steps you would have taken to control the risk in these projects.
5. Perform research to learn more about the Sabre system. What is it? How did come about?
6. JetBlue had the opportunity to learn from the problems encountered by WestJet during its migration. What options did WestJet have to learn from another company who faced a similar situation? What would you recommend to the leadership team?
7. Do you believe the WestJet problem is mostly IT-related, or do you think that poor leadership and planning caused the catastrophe? Explain.
8. Why do you think that WestJet has slowed down its growth plans, such as the RBC WestJet MasterCard? What does a credit card have to do with the IT issues? Explain.
(a) Write in APA format
(b) Each item will have a proper APA heading
(c) Response to each of the 1-8 items above must be at least 150 words