Haracterization of Phoenix Johnson from The Worn Path”
1. In the story assigned, make a general observation, or observations, about the main character or another prominent character. This is your thesis.
2. Prove your point by referring to specific details in the story.
3. Conclude by restating your point in different words and more fully.
4. Be sure that every paragraph has a topic sentence that directly relates to your thesis.
5. Be sure that all the sentences in your paragraph directly relate to the topic sentence of that paragraph.
6. Underline your thesis twice.
7. Underline each topic sentence once and make sure it is clearly related to the thesis.