Ialectical Journal The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
**Writer 146229 please. NOTE SOME DIRECTIONS HAVE CHANGED
As you read The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, you should complete a Dialectical Journal, in which you will note instances of literary, rhetorical, and dramatic devices, as well as motifs of identity and truthfulness.
As you read The Importance of Being Earnest, you will find instances of literary, rhetorical, and dramatic devices, motifs of identity and truthfulness, and interesting turns of phrase or voice. When you read and recognize any of these, you should create a dialectical journal entry on it.
1. In your word processor, create a new journal for your Dialectical Journals.
2. You may create a 2-column table using the table feature of your word processor. Otherwise, you will be placing your analysis directly underneath each quote.
3. Number your entries. (This is a requirement!)
4. Put the selection from the book, in quotation marks, first. Include the page number if possible, but at least the chapter.
5. On a NEW LINE (hit Enteron your keyboard two times) OR in the table-cell next to your quote, explain what the quote means, and your reaction to itwhat makes this quote stand out to you? Why did Wilde say/word this as he did? What is the purpose of this quote/device?
6. You must have 25.