Iscuss critically contemporary international approaches (e.g. World Bank, Financial Stability Board) to consumer credit regulation.
this is the essay for International & Comparative Consumer Law & Policy. Students will be assessed by a 4,000-5,000 word (including footnotes and quotations and excluding bibliography) essay. Students will be expected to organise their research and to engage in appropriate research strategies in their chosen topic. The objective of the essay is to allow students to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the subject matter, their research skills, ability to develop a sustained and coherent argument, and engage in critical legal and policy analysis.
these sources may help you
1. Elizabeth Warren, a?Unsafe at any Ratea? Democracy Journal Summer 2007 8.
2. Financial Stability Board, Consumer Finance Protection with particular focus on credit (2011).
3. S Rutledge, World Bank, Good Practices for Financial Consumer Protection (2011)
4. Iain Ramsay and Toni Williams, The Crash that launched a thousand fixes in K Alexander & N Moloney, Law Reform and Financial Markets
5. I Ramsay, Consumer Law and Policy, Chapter 7
6. Mann, Ronald, Charging Ahead: the growth and regulation of payment card markets around the world (Cambridge: CUP, 2006).
7. Iain Ramsay, a?Regulation of Consumer Credita? in G. Howells, I Ramsay and T. Wilhelmsson, International Handbook of Consumer Law .