Iscuss the proposition that in choosing to outsource a function managers commonly underestimate the potential hazards and costs of their decision.
You will in general be assessed on the basis of:
1. the depth of the discussion
2. the depth of the research conducted
3. the extent to which you show evidence of the ability to deal with the subject in analytical and critical way
4. the quality of the presentation.
5. to expand on the latter point I will be interested in the structure, clarity of argument, the use of the intro. and conclusions, referencing and overall presentation of the study.
Recommended Reference List
Kamoche, K. (2001) Understanding Human Resource Management, Open University Press.
Cully, M., S. Woodland, A. OaReilly and G. Dix (1999) Britain at Work: As Depicted by the 1998 Workplace Employee Relations Survey, Routledge.
Edwards, P. (ed.) (1995) Industrial Relations: Theory and Practice in Britain, Blackwell.
Bach, S. and K. Sisson (2000) (eds) Personnel Management: a Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice, Blackwell, 3rd ed.
Guest, D. and N. Conway (1999) a?Peering into the Black Hole: the Downside of the New Employment Relations in the UKa, British Journal of Industrial Relations, 37(3): 367-90.
Buchanan, D. (2000) a?An Eager and Enduring Embrace: the Ongoing Rediscovery of Teamworking as a Management Ideaa, in S. Procter and F. Mueller (eds) Teamworking, Macmillan, pp. 25-42.
In addition to Amis, Fowleras, Language and Orwell, writers to which you might pay attention are Graham Greene, John Buchan and Robert Louis Stevenson.
Finally please include word count on title page. Exclude references.