Istory Please see attched instructions below.
This term paper will answer a question raised by the writer (you). Please feel free to generate your own topic question; however, it must pertain to U.S history 1865 to present. Below are some suggestions. , the paper must be written with strong facts and use primary and secondary sources. This paper must follow the chicago manual of style requirements for citations and bibliography.
SUGGESTIONS: 1. 1865-1900Analalyze the ways in which the farmers and industrial workers responded to industrialization in the so called gilded age (1865-1900).
2. How succesful was organized labor in improving the position of workers in the period from 1875 to 1900? analyze the factors that contributed to the level of sucess achieved.
3. compare and contrast the attitudes of THREE of the following toward the wealth that was created in the united states during the late 19th century. Andrew carnegie, Horatio Alger, Ida M. Tarbell, Eugene Debs, Booker T. Washington.
4. To what extent did the natural enviornment shape the development of the West beyond the Mississipi and the lives of those who lived and settled there? How important were other factors?
5. 1900-1929Evaluate the effectivness of Progressive Era reformers and the federal government in bringing about reform at the national level. In your answer be sure to analyze the success and limitations of these efforts in this period 1900-1929.
6. Anlayze the ways in which state and federal legislation and judicial decision, including those of the supreme court affected the efforts of any TWO of the following groups to improve their position in society between 1880 and 1925. FARMERS, AFRICAN AMERICANS, WORKERS.
7. To what extent and why did the United States adopt an isolationist policy in the 1920s and 1930s?
8. Compare and contrast the United States society in the 1920s and 1950s with respect to TWO of the following: Race relations, Role of women, Consumerism.
9. Although American writers of the 1920s and 1930s criticized American society, the nature of their criticisms differed markedly in the two decades.Assess the validity of this statment.
10. 1929-1945 Analyze the ways in which the Great Depression altered the American social fabric in the 1930s
11.Discuss, with respect to two of the following, the view that the 1960s represented a period of profound cultural change.