Linical Governance approach between UK and Australia
Compare the strategic framework for clinical governance in UK health system with the approach strategy used in Australian health system.
Describe the clinical governance strategic frame work in both countries by:
Present the definition of clinical governance in each healthcare system.
Mention the pillars which recommended in each framework.
analyse clinical purpose of the use for each pillar.
Compare the implementation of both frameworks in controlling nosocomial resistant infections (eg. MRSA) in each healthcare system.
1.McSherry, R. Clinical Governance: A guide to implementation for healthcare professionals. Oxford: Blackwell Science 2002
2.Lilley, R. Making Sense of Clinical Governance: a workbook for NHS doctors, nurses and managers. Radcliffe Medical Press 1999.
3.Sale, DNT. Understanding Clinical Governance and Quality Assurance: Making it Happen. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan 2005.
Articles and websites pages:
4. Braithwaite J, Travaglia JF, An overview of clinical governance policies, practices and initiatives,Aust Health Rev 2008; 32 (1): 10-22
5. Balding C,From quality assurance to clinical governance,Aust Health Rev 2008,32 (3), pp. 383-391
6. John Storey, David Buchanan,Healthcare governance and organizational barriers to learning from mistakes,Journal of Health Organisation and Management,2008 Vol22 I 6 P 642 651
7. Ashmore.S, Tracy Johnson,2006, How best to tackle a clinical audit, Pharmacy In Practice journal,2006.
8. Copeland.G, 2005, A Practical Handbook for Clinical Audit, Clinical Governance Support Team.
9. Hughes.R, 2005, Is audit research? The relationships between clinical audit and social research, International Journal of Health Care, 2005.
10. VanuSom.C, 2004, Clinical governance: a fresh look at its definition, Clinical Governance: An International Journal, Volume 9 a? Number 2 a? 2004 a? pp. 87-90
11. Campbell.S, Roland.M, Wilkin.D, Primary care groups: Improving the quality of care through clinical governance, BMJ 2001;322;1580-1582
12. Clinical governance, A Framework of Assurance, Department of Health Of Western Australia, 2001.
13. Clinical Governance Standards for Western Australian Health Services, Office of Safety and Quality in Healthcare, Department Of Health of Western Australia.
14. NSW Clinical Governance Directions Statement, NSW Patient Safety and Clinical Quality Program, New South Wales Department of Health, Australia, 2005
15. Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care, 2005, Department Of Health UK.
16. The new NHS: modern, dependable. Department Of Health London: Stationery Office; 1998.
17. Infection Control Guidelines, Department Of Health and Ageing, Australian Government, 2008 edition.
18. Infection control, Prevention of healthcare-associated infection in primary and community care, Clinical Guideline 2, National Institute for Clinical Excellence, UK, 2003
19. Hoyle.P.Clinical Governance what it is and sharing the scars, Northern Sydney and Central Coast Area Health Service (2006)nhs.uk/
21. NHS Clinical Governance Support Team (CGST)
with any other additional appropriate resources from your side.