Linical Practice Summary Bicycle Helmet Safety
Added on 16.06.2015 01:27
Analysis and Application of Clinical Practice Guidelines
*Select one Clinical Practice Guideline from the National Guideline Clearinghouse (
*The paper must be four complete pages.
* Attached a .pdf file of the Clinical Practice Guideline to the finished paper.
The finished paper most contain:
1. Scope and purpose of the clinical practice guideline What are the scope and purpose of this document? What are the objectives, questions, and target population (patients, consumers, students, and so forth)? In other words, who are the recipients of the services outlined in the document?
2. Stakeholder involvement What professions are represented in the committee that developed the guideline? Is the representation complete? Who is missing? What infucence would the missing members have on the CPG development? Have members of the target population been consulted in the development of the document? What conflicts of interest are possible? How were conflicts of interest handled?
3. Rigor of Development. What is the credibility of the articles represented in the clinical practice guidelines? Describe the various steps of the research process, explaining the contribution of the steps to the rigor or credibility. For example, does the clinical practice guideline rely mostly on randomized controlled trials? Why or why not? Are qualitative studies included? Why or why not? Are the methods, criteria, and selection of articles for the document clear and justified? What level of evidence was used? Have benefits and risks for the target population been considered? How does the rigor of development influence the revisions of the research question, future research plans, and nursing practice decisions?
4. Recommendations. How does the rigor of development influence revisions to the research question, future research plans, and nursing practice decisions? If you were writing a plan based on the document, what are the major recommendations for practice? What would be the nursing role in carrying out the recommendations and what resources would be needed?
5. Implementation. If you were developing an implementation plan for the CPG, what would be the major CPG recommendations for practice? What EBP Model would you select to guide the implementation plan? What would be the key feature/s of the EBP Model that you would use? Why? How would the model guide you in assessment of potential barriers to implementation? What are the potential costs of following the recommendations? How would you measure whether outcomes would be improved if the recommendations were carried out?