Linical Review of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: assessment, treatment, and prevention
For any psychological disorder or psychological issue for which a person, couple, family, or organization might secure the services of a clinical psychologist, prepare a paper that describes and critically reflects upon a comprehensive approach to the assessment and treatment or prevention of the difficulty. In addition to reflecting the a?state of the arta? in terms of our knowledge of appropriate assessment and treatment approaches toward the issue, your paper should also include a case study around which you can exemplify or discuss the recommended assessment and treatment or prevention strategies and your paper should include a consideration and evaluation of the local availability (or lack thereof) of mental health resources tailored to the issue.
Therefore, your task is as follows:
1. Choose any psychological disorder (e.g., body dysmorphic disorder; insomnia) to be the focus of your paper
2. Examine the literature to determine appropriate approaches to the assessment of the issue.
3. Examine the literature to determine appropriate approaches to the treatment or prevention of the issue.
4. Locate a case study that could be used to illustrate, or contrast with, the assessment and treatment approaches that you describe for the particular disorder you are focusing on.
5. Describe local resources that could be utilized by someone in the Edmonton area seeking help for the issue and that illustrate, or contrast with, the assessment and treatment approach you describe.
6. Write-up your paper in a formal style abiding by APA format. Critically evaluate and reflect upon the assessment and treatment or prevention approaches that you describe and their scientific grounding; the appropriateness of the approach taken in the case study; and the availability of resources in our community.
Your paper should not exceed 15 typed, double-spaced pages (+ title page and a References section).
Please ensure you use academic and peer reviewed articles only.