Lobal Wine Wars: New versus Old World Battle Continues
Here is the 3rd case study; the style is the same as the previous one.
You need to answer 3 questions after you read over the case. I will upload the case later on. You need to write a paragraph for each question, and between 100 to 150 words for each question. Do not need to provide and use any sources or title page or APA style for this assignment.
Here are the 3 questions:
1. How did the French become the dominant competitors in the increasingly global wine industry for centuries? What sources of competitive advantage were they able to develop to support their exports? Where were they vulnerable?
2. What changes in the global industry structure and competitive dynamics led France and other traditional producers to lose market share to challenges from Australia, United States, and other new world countries in the late twentieth century?
3. What advice would you offer to the French Minister of Agriculture? To the head of the French wine industry association? To the owner of a mid-size, well regarded Bordeaux vineyard producing wines in the premium and super premium categories? What advice would you offer to the Australian and the US counterparts (industry association, owners of mid-size vineyard in the premium and categories)?
Also, we can get good mark if:
– The answers are sufficiently long enough to include the appropriate amount of information needed to convey a logical and reasonable argument
– The answer includes just enough case facts to support arguments
– The answer analysis the case well using framework, such SWOT analysis and etc.
– The answer provides strong evidence of creativity and critical thinking
– The sentence structure and grammar are such that understanding what has been written is not difficult