LTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (easy work)
E-textbook (12 by 10 am
Research papers can be submitted through learning unit 3. There is a link called research paper.
TOPIC: ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Litigation is expensive . It is also time consuming. More and more business persons are turning to alternative dispute resolution ( adr) as a means to settle a dispute. Your research paper will discuss the various types of ADR. As you delve into the components of ADR you will want to consider:
1. discuss the economic factors that increasingly cause firms to make us of ADR relative to court litigation.
2. Why does the act of structuring negotiations often create a climate conducive to achieving a settlement?
3, Explain how the line can get blurred between assisted settlement negotiations and outright mediation?
4. Explain why it is both good and bad that (a) arbitrators are not bound by precedent and (b) their decisions are not appealable in many situations. Also, explain when they are appealable.
5. What is the benefit and procedure for filing ADR online?
6. In the future as a business owner how might you utilize ADR?
Please be complete in your paper backing up your statements with sources cited.
Research papers will be submitted under unit 3 of the learning units. Do not attach a document to the area. Have the full content posted in the area. I am not always able to open documents submitted in the area. IF I cant open it then it may very well be late by time you resubmit it. Therefore do not attach a document.
IT IS THE STUDENTSRESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE Research paper IS RECEIVED ON or BEFORE THE