Mergency, Exception and New Technologies in International Relations
PART I: BRIEF RECONSTRUCTION OF THE PAPER
1) Very briefly reconstruct the paper (Lin, Cyber conflict and international humanitarian law) you are reviewing: what is the main topic? What is the position of the author? What are the justifications that he provides? ? This part should take no more than 1 page.
PART II: ANALYSIS OF THE ISSUE
2) Identify the main issue that you want to answer (it may be the same main issue of the paper you are reviewing or any other issue that you think the paper generates and that it is interesting for you). In any case, the issue should contain both the emergency/exception framework and the impact of new technologies.
3) Use the emergency/exception framework to analyze the topic on different levels of analysis individual (human being, person, citizen), group (socio-cultural-economic groups, socio-political elites, communities, nations, states) and system (regional, international, global) and make clear references to the impact of the new technology(ies).
4) Explain what is your position by providing an evaluation that considers the three (individual, group, system) levels of analysis.
5) Conclude answering the main question that you raised at the beginning of your paper.