Nalyse the reasons for the recent UK recession and its impact on one particular leisure market. E.g. travel, restaurants, tourism.
BA (HONS) MANAGEMENT AND LEISURE
BUSINESS ECONOMICS (1) [EDUC 11232], 2014-2015
ASSIGNMENT (100% OF THE OVERALL MARKS)
TASK: COMPLETE ONE OF THE FIVE FOLLOWING ESSAYS:
Assessment Criteriawill be through a i??levels of responsei?? framework and cover:
i?? Selection and review of relevant source material (10%)
i?? Application of material (20%)
i?? Discussion and analysis of arguments (30%)
i?? Evaluation and concluding judgement (30%)
i?? Use of English and referencing (10%)
Write no more than 2000 words (10% leeway before penalties apply)
Assignment to be submitted on Blackboard by 12 noon Friday 30th January 2014.
All responses should make use of economic theories and concepts to support and underpin their discussion
1. To what extent will there be an impact on the number of visitors to museums if the government stop subsiding them and museums are forced to charge an entry fee?
2. Using an example from the leisure industry, e.g. airline travel, to what extent will a high degree of competition in a market result in lower prices for the consumers?
3. Evaluate whether minimum prices on alcohol are the most effective method of reducing their consumption?
4. Analyse the reasons for the recent UK recession and its impact on one particular leisure market. E.g. travel, restaurants, tourism.
5. Discuss the implications of the use of Keynesian policies to kick start the economy. To what extent will this support businesses in the leisure industry?