NALYSIS AS A MEMO DIRECTED TO THE PROFESSOR
Below is a sample of technical writing, write a memo in which you discuss the characteristics you find interesting (whether strengths or areas needing improvements) in this sample and then explain the meaning of the sample in non-specialist terms:
Ms. Jameela Smith
Philadelphia National Bank
1 Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 22222
Dear Ms. Smith
I am an Accounting major at Western Carolina University, and, as part of a senior accounting thesis project, I am currently exploring the accounting staffs of a few large, distinguished firms. I have been most impressed with your published material (Annual Report, Stockholders Statements, etc.), but I would like additional information on the various divisions of your Accounting Department. Specifically, I need answers to the following questions:
1. What are the duties of each division within Accounting Department?
2. Do you have short-term internships for college undergraduates?
3. Is your entire Accounting staff composed of Certified Public Accountants?
4. Do you currently have novice positions in the Accounting Department?
5. Is the Accounting Department expected to expand within the next two years?
I have enclosed an SASE for your convenience, or you are welcome to email your response to me at mymailwcu.edu. Since my project is due at the end of the semester, I would appreciate it if you responded no later than May 15.
As I will be graduating this spring, new positions and/or areas of work in your organization would be of particular interest to me. I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me any such information you have available. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call (xxx-xxx-xxxx) or email me (bgastlewcu.edu).