Nalysis of I Do Wish This Cruel War Was over First-Person Accounts of Civil War Arkansas From the Arkansas Historical Quarterly
Read through I Do Wish This Cruel War Was over First-Person Accounts of Civil War Arkansas From the Arkansas Historical Quarterly by Mark K. Christ and Patrick G. Williams.
Then write an analysis that covers the following instructions laid out by the proffesor.
1) introduces the book and its importance to Arkansas history or the history of the Old Southwest. Because of the format is based on first-person accounts of the Civil War in Arkansas you may find yourself, and I encourage this approach, focusing on one particular person, battle or region. This is an acceptable approach for the assignment.
2) details the books research question and thesis (what are the editors trying to accomplish with this work?)
3) describes how the author presents evidence in support of the thesis. In this section of your analysis you can discuss methodology (the manner in which he approached his subject, For example, did he interview people and provide first-person evidence in his book?) as well as the types of sources the author uses.
4) Outlines the shortcomings of the book. (Where did the author fail to make his case? If you did not care for the book you may also say so but indicate why.)
5) such analysis/reviews generally run from three to five typed pages of 10-or-12 point type, double-spaced.
6) please remember that your analysis is not a summary of the book but an analysis