Nalytical essay on debate and conflict between federalists and anti federalists
The following questions should be considered:
1. What were the principle reasons the federalist believed the Constitution was necessary? What was there single strongest point?
2. What were the principle objections of the anti-federalists? What was their single strongest argument?
3. Which side had the strongest argument? Give examples and be specific.
4. How did the two sides handle the issue of federalism?
5. Would you have been a supporter or an opponent of the Constitution? Why?
Sources: The Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers.