Nvironmental factors and health promotion Pamphlet: Accident Prevention for Parents and Caregivers of Infants.
Environmental Factors and Health Promotion Pamphlet: Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants
Due Date: Nov 03, 2013 23:59:59 Max Points: 100
Part I: Indirect Care Experience
Develop a pamphlet to inform parents and caregivers about environmental factors that can affect the health of infants.
Use the Pamphlet Templatedocument to help you create your pamphlet. Include the following:
1. Select an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants.
2. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
3. Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
4. Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research.
5. Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
In developing your pamphlet, take into consideration the healthcare literacy level of your target audience.
Part II: Direct Care Experience
1. Share the pamphlet you have developed with a parent of an infant child. The parent may be a person from your neighborhood, a parent of an infant from a child-care center in your community, or a parent from another organization, such as a church group with which you have an affiliation.
2. Provide a written summary of the teaching / learning interaction. Include in your summary:
a. Demographical information of the parent and child (age, gender, ethnicity, educational level).
b. Description of parent response to teaching.
c. Assessment of parent understanding.
d. Your impressions of the experience; what went well, what can be improved.
Submit Part I and Part II of the Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants assignment by the end of Module 1.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Please Note: Assignment will not be submitted to the faculty member until the Submit”