Ommunity Assessment Project: Battling Obesity in Kendall
The purpose of this assignment is to provide learners the opportunity to: a) analyze the epidemiology of the community, extrapolate healthcare priorities and plan a project to improve healthcare outcomes of the chosen community, b) design a populationfocused project to decrease chronic disease and improve population health with measurable outcomes for evaluation purposes, c) develop interventional strategies based on primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention, and e) integrate the project with the national goals and objectives of Healthy People 2020.
REQUIREMENTS Assignment Criteria for the Paper:
1. Search appropriate literature for a?community assessment toolsa? For example: Lewenson & Truglio-Londrigan (2010) Public Health Nursing Assessment Tool.
2. Conduct a systematic community assessment, addressing all components (see table below) with objective, researched data. (This assessment should be conducted on the community in which the student lives KENDALL, MIAMI)
3. An introduction to the community (1-2 pages) including demographics, population characteristics, epidemiology surveillance data. (COMMUNITY IS KENDALL IN MIAMI)
4. Present analyzed aggregate data (presented in tables, graphs, charts, etc. as appropriate).
5. Choose one of the top-five health priorities that the assessment has identified and develop a plan for an interventional program/project to improve the health outcomes of the community/population (USE OBESITY AS THE PRIORITY ISSUE)
6. The program/project should include the priority health care issue selected, a design and Implementation strategy, a proposed timeline, and outcomes method for evaluation purposes.
7. The interventional program should be evidence-based.
8. The project should be integrated clearly with Healthy People 2020as national goals and objectives.
9. The body of the scholarly paper is to be 10 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
10. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the 6th edition
11. Include a minimum of five scholarly resources published within the past 5 years, not including your textbook. References may include scholarly websites of organizations or government agencies and must be presented using APA format for electronic media.