Ompare and contrast aspects of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (BBT and REBT) with the core theoretical model (Person Centred).
Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Assignment 2: Essay (2500 words)
Compare and contrast aspects of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with the core theoretical model (Person Centred).
The essay should evaluate the potential application of an eclectic theoretical knowledge base in a counselling context and recognise the potential risks in using interventions without adequate training. (50%) (Learning outcomes 1-5)
1. Discuss the historical development and basic philosophy of Cognitive Behavioural approaches
Must mention negative automatic thoughts(NATs) and dysfunctional assumtions (DAs)
Describes, explains and evaluates the philosophy and development of CBT and REBT including its origins and the naming of influential figures
2. Present the key concepts of Cognitive Behaviour therapies (CBT & REBT), including a critical appraisal of its validity and relevance compared to another model (Person Centred)
Describes, explains and evaluates the importance of the key concepts of the CBT/REBT approach drawing upon literature and with relevant examples, compared and contrasted with examples from another model
3. Discuss the practice of Cognitive Behaviour therapy including a critical appraisal of the effectiveness of the model as a tool for positive change
Describes, explains and evaluates CBT/REBT concepts and principles with examples that illustrate how they might result in positive change for the client and also where it might not be appropriate
4. Demonstrate how the CBT approach might be personally applied to improve own practice using examples from within a group setting and in a client setting to demonstrate integration of theory and skills
Describes, explains and evaluates personal application of the CBT to improve own practice using relevant examples of integration of theory and skills in a group and client setting
5. Presents the work in a structured style; provides a word count (2500 +/10%); uses accurate and valid sources of information; produces a bibliography adhering to a standard format.
Mick cooper The facts are friendly.
Please use as least 2 direct quotes. Please provide page numbers for direct quotes
Turnit in sofftware is used