Ompare and contrast the UK healthcare system with that of ONE country of your choice
Resit Coursework Assignment Brief
Any special requirements:
All written work should be submitted on the Student Portal along with a Turnitin Report
1,000 words i?? plus or minus 10% (not including bibliography)
Deadline date for submission:
Midday (12pm) on Thursday 16th April 2015
Learning outcomes to be examined in this assessment:
(1) Compare and contrast essay structure
(2) Examine appropriate sources of literature and be able to critique their purpose and value.
(3) Knowledge and understanding: demonstrate an awareness of different writing genres, styles and formats.
(4) Practical skills: use data to communicate points effectively in writing.
(5) To be able to use Harvard referencing.
Constructive critical analysis, introduction, conclusion
Content, style, relevance, originality.
Cohesion and coherence, grammatical and lexical range and accuracy.
Format, referencing, bibliography
Format, referencing, bibliography:
Harvard referencing system
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES:
This coursework requires you to write a 1,000 word essay. The title is as follows:
Compare and contrast the UK healthcare system with that of ONE country of your choice
1. Access the collection of sources related to the theme of i??UK Healthcare Systemi?? placed on the Blackboard system, and read these in detail.
2. Choose another country and research information on its healthcare system.
3. Write a 1,000 word essay comparing the healthcare systems in the two countries.
The coursework should follow the structural requirements of a compare and contrast essay. This means you have to include the following:
Introduction (including a thesis statement)
Introduce the topic and explain what you are going to do in the essay, identifying the main points of comparison between the healthcare systems in the UK and the country you have chosen.
Body paragraphs (3 4 paragraphs)
Discuss their similarities and differences following a compare/contrast essay structure. Analyse the organisation, funding and quality of each system, providing evidence and examples, and comment on the implications for each country.
Summarise your essay in one concluding paragraph. Give your own opinion as to which system is more effective.
List your references at the end in the appropriate format.
Do not include graphics or subheadings in your essay.
i?? In order to write your essay you will need to do reading and research. You should familiarise yourself with the online library system i??MyAthensi?? early on in the course, and start reading articles and researching for your essay. This will help you to find a country you are interested in, and you can begin to collect sources (e.g. journal articles) to integrate into your writing.
i?? Throughout your essay you also need to show evidence that you have researched the subject.
i??According to Smith (2014) i??i??i?? or i??It can be seen that i??i??i??i??i??i??i??.. (Irving, 2012)i??
i?? Do NOT use Wikipedia or any websites with sample essays at any point in the assignment.
i?? You should use at least three external sources for the assignment.