Ompare & Contrast 2 stories of similar theme: 26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss by Kij Johnson and The Star by Arthur C. Clarke
A paper of 16 short or 8 long paragraphs
Compare and Contrast two stories of similar theme: 26 Monkeys, Also the Abyss by Kij Johnson and The Star by Arthur C. Clarke
1. Write an introduction for both stories (mention story and authors name; brief summary).
2. Identify and analyze the conflicts in the stories. Identify the external and internal conflicts if both exist.
3.Analyze characters. Describe main characters and explain if character is static or dynamic. If character is static, explain what insight he/she fails to gain. If dynamic, explain what insight character gains.
4. Analyze the settings. Explain whether the setting is specific or general and what about the setting contributes to the central idea or conflict in the story.
5. Identify the points of view of the stories (first person, third person etca¦) and explain how it is appropriate to the story.
6. Compare and contrast the language in the stories. Identify any symbols or irony. Describe what is unique about the authors style of writing.
7. Compare and contrast the tone in the story. Identify which elements contribute to tone: character, setting etca¦
8. Compare and contrast theme and central ideas of stories. Theme of story is the general category/subject of story. Central idea is the statement this story makes on the theme.
9. Write a paragraph of evaluation. Explain which story you liked better. Identify the elements that you support your evaluation.