OMPARE Pierre Bourdieu and Henry Giroux theories in relation to Neoliberalism and DISCUSS their consequences for education.
*use such key words as hegemony, public sphere, egalitarian, critical pedagogy, capital reproduction, capital production, cultural capital, Marxism, Foucault, capitalism, education, hegemonious, hegemonic, inclusive education, Chomsky
1. Harvey, D. (2005). A brief history of neoliberalism. Oxford : Oxford University Press.
2. Hill, D. And Kumar, R.(2009) Global neoliberalism and education and its consequences. Oxon : Routledge
3. Giroux, H. (2005) Border crossings
4. Chomsky, N.(1998) Profit over people: neoliberalism and the global order.
5. Garrett, Paul Michael (2009)Transforming childrens services?: social work, neoliberalism and the modern world
6.Canaan and Shumar (2007) Structure and agency in the neoliberal university
7. Teasley and McCarthy (2008)Transnational perspectives on culture, policy, and education: redirecting cultural studies in neoliberal times.
8. Bourdieu, P.(1990)In other words: essays towards a reflexive sociology
9. Robbins, D.(1990)The work of Pierre Bourdieu: recognizing society.
10. Web, J. (2002)Understanding Bourdieu
11. Taylor and Francis journals
13. Smith, A. The wealth of nations
14. Grenfell, M. (2008) Pierre Bourdieu
15. Smith, A. (1979) The wealth of nations: books 1-3
16.other good and academic sources