Onsent for Treatment and a Tax-Free Health Care Organization
Consent for TreatmentPlease respond to the following:
1. Ms. Davis, a patient at XYZ facility, had a difficult time sleeping and was given something to put her sleep at approximately 3:00 a.m. A form was given to Ms. Davis to sign for surgery while going in and out of sleep at approximately 7:00 a.m. following the sleep medication.
a. Was this an express consent or implied consent? Explain your answer.
b. As the head administrator of the facility, discuss what concerns you have and what would you do with the person who presented Ms. Davis with the consent.
2.. A minor with a gunshot wound was rushed to the emergency room. The parents had not arrived yet.
a. After rushing the minor to surgery, the medical team realized consent for surgery had not been signed. Explain what kind of consent should be obtained.
b. Speculate on how often this kind of consent is applied and discuss your thoughts.
A Tax-Free Health Care OrganizationPlease respond to the following:
3. Memorial Today Hospital is a teaching institution that provides community benefits and charity services to a large population of indigents in exchange for a tax-exemption status.
a. Explain how the Health Reform Law of 2011 could impact the health care organization and its tax exemption status if it remains law.
4. Explain under what circumstances Memorial Today Hospital will be subject to income taxation. a. Discuss what this means to you as the administrator of the facility.
1. No Introduction needed
2. Use headers for each discussion.
3. Two(2) typed pages, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
4. APA format.
5. Use at least two (2) quality legal references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
6. Include a Reference The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.