Ontextual Factors: Knowing Your School and Community
First and foremost, you will need to know the name of the school I am in is All Saints School. There are two campuses, PreK-2nd grade is at the Fife, WA campus. Grades 3rd-6th is at the Puyallup, WA campus. I am mainly interested in the statistics of the Fife campus, however if it is easier to report on both that is okay.
So, here goes…
1. Locate the following district and school data to include in your report:
(a) Education department state assessment scores and perfomring labels.
(b) Adequate yearly progress (AYP) and school improvement status.
(c) School report card, enrollment, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic information.
(d) Staff information.
(e) District and school mission and vision.
2. Locate and include other pertinent district and school information, including student and staff handbooks, school map, daily schedule, calendar, traditions, programs, parental involvement activities, and school/classroom rules and procedures.
3. Address geographic location, stability of community, community support for education, and other environmental factors.
4. Compile the district and school data. What are some important and district points of information that are important for a new teacher to know? How does this information impact your teaching and interactions with students, staff, and community? How does this data support your effectiveness as a teacher?
5. Include charts or graphs if applicable
Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. Cite in-text and in the References section.