ORThe Importance of Forensic Botany and How it Relates to Forensic Science
Students will focus upon one or more specific forensic topics/issues and apply knowledge learned throughout the course to create an eight to ten page paper.
The paper will provide a comprehensive history of forensic science, current analysis, and prediction of the impacts of the chosen topic on criminal investigations. At a minimum, the paper should include the following:
1. General: A detailed history of forensic science from 1950 until the present. This should include important occurrences, events, findings and people that contributed to the development of forensic science.
2. An explanation of the scientific changes and methodologies/theories that have led to significant changes in the chosen forensic science topic (FORENSIC BOTANY). Examples of case studies should be examined.
3. A critical analysis of the successes and failures with regard to the specific topic (FORENSIC BOTANY), within forensic science, for the second half of the 20th century into the 21st century. This should include case studies for examples.
4. A discussion of the advances in technology and the limitations of evidence, as they pertain to the chosen topic, (FORENSIC BOTANY), to gain a conviction or an acquittal of a defendant. This can include case studies as examples of research.
5. Predictions on the importance and limitations of forensics to future police work, as they pertain to the topic(FORENSIC BOTANY).
6. Where possible, all analyses should directly reference case studies and provide practical and reasoned approaches to the successes and failures of forensic science as it pertains to the chosen topic (FORENSIC BOTANY).
a? Must be ten double spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference page), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
a? Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
a? Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
a? Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
a? Must use at least five scholarly resources.
a? Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.