Ousing and Construction Cost Escalation: A Case Study Focused on Saudi Arabia
I have a thesis subject about Housing and Construction Cost Escalation: A Case Study Focused on Saudi Arabia
My methodology will be about taking a survey with construction companies, engineers, and specialists in the field of constriction and housing to determine the important factors that increased the prices. Then, I will collect the data and analysis them to reveal the important factors that led to this increase of prices.
Through my research I found the important factors that are expected to be behind the increase. So, I want you please to write a literature review related to these factors from 1 to 8. Try to find previous literature review talked about these factors, if not, and you find other factors that are not mentioned on my list, please use them as sources. You can use other countriesa cases like our case to be one of the literature review source. For example, there is a research topic called a?the impact of oil price regimes on construction cost in Nigeriaa?. You could use it as one of the sources. So, the idea is to write a literature review about my subject. The most important thing in the writing is the references; please find real references because they will be checked. Also, write the references in the right format for APA style. You can use charts and tables to support.
The thesis will focus on evaluating the factors that are expected to impact the construction cost by gathering data from surveys with construction companies. The factors that the survey will investigate are
1) Escalation Oil Prices: The increase in global demand for oil which leads to the escalation of oil prices.
2) High Demand for Housing and Construction: This category includes high demand from, a) Saudi citizens, b) government housing projects, c) government public works projects.
3) Low Supply for Housing: This category includes the increase of annul demand for housing units comparing to the low supply of housing units, and the poor construction productivity.
4) Rapid Rise in Population Growth: This category includes the high growth rate of Saudi population with more than 3%.
5) Shortage of Construction Resources: This category includes, a) manipulation and monopoly of suppliers of cement, steel and other construction materials, b) lack of trained labor, c) black Market, d) export construction materials outside of Saudi Arabia.
6) Speculative Purchase of Undeveloped Lands: This category includes corruption in selling undeveloped lands.
7) High Inflation Rate: This category includes the continuous increase in constructions materials regarding the inflation factor.
8) Other Factors, such as: the absence of the governmentas role in monitoring prices, corruption in monitoring government projects, and contractors taking projects beyond their capacity.