Overnance of the EU (exact title see instruction)
Title: i??With the Charter of Fundamental Rights now in force and EU accession to the ECHR on the horizon, the EU is now a genuine human rights organisation. The only question that remains open is how suited the Court of Justice is to live up to its billing as a human rights court.i??
The following instruction should be followed:
A. (1) the brief introduction to the enforcement of the Charter of Fundamental rights
(2) the brief introduction to the EU accession to the ECHR
B. is EU now a genuine human right organization?
(1) What are the supporting ideas saying so
(2) What are the problems now still remains open
C. Answer the main question that how suited the Court of Justice is to live up to its billing as a human rights court.the main part of this essay
(1) is this the only question or not? (no) what are the other problems
(2) how suited exactly (use the cases to proof and are there other department such as the human right court?)
(3) how to solve this problem
About how suited, you need to talk about the relationship between the ECJ and the EU court of human rights, and to use the exact cases to talk about are the two courts conflict with each other.(such as the case Costa v. ENEL and the case Stauder v. City of ULM)
And you need to talk about what are the problems that solved by the Charter of Fundamental Rights now in force and EU accession to the ECHR on the horizon, and what are the problems still remain. So that is not the only problem.
The lecture handout Seminar 7 and Seminar 8 are related to the essay and the books, articles and cases that should be referenced are in the handout.
This is the guidance that the professor said about this title:
i??The quotation provides the context for the question. Therefore all the words in the quotation are important but you must answer all parts of the question. and try to give a balanced answer. If you do this you should not digress.i??
Please use the style of the OSCOLA, use footnote and the bibliography.
1. The MAXIMUM number of pages for an assessed essay is 15 of A4 size.
This number does not include the title page and bibliography, which should be
numbered separately from the main text. The limit of 15 pages applies to the
pages of the main text (which must be numbered consecutively from page 1),
and includes any footnotes and/or endnotes. It is not expected that an assessed
essay will include any acknowledgements, table of abbreviations, cases, treaties,
statutes, or other documents. It is unlikely that an assessed essay will involve
appendices. Should they prove necessary, appendices (clearly marked as such
and again numbered separately from the main text) are also excluded from the
15-page limit provided they merely reproduce relevant materials and/or data.
2. all text must be 10 point type, footnote should be in 8 point type. Text must be double-spaced, footnote may be single-spaced. Footnote should be kept to a minimum and be used primarily for giving citations or references to cases, articles, books etc.
3. OSCOLA style of citation
4. The font must be Verdana.
5. Margins of one inch (2.5 cm) must be left on each side of the page.