Ow African American Men are portrayed negative in News Media.
Hello writer! I have had such a hard time trying to figure out what to write about. But i was thinking something like how black men are portrayed badly in news media for example in news casts they always make them look like criminals etc. Something in that style.
Essay # 2 General Paper Guidelines
The purpose of this paper is to examine the relationship (if any) between African American audiences, television, music, various broadcast media and their racial identity development, personality, and self-concept. Discuss the politico-psychological implications of this pattern.
1. You are required to formulate your own topic/title and thesis statement (underlined) based on your evaluation. Please note that a thesis statement tells the reader how you will interpret the significance of the subject matter.
2. The essay should be between five to seven FULL pages typed, double-spaced, with ample margins and a cover page. APA is typically the format used for this type of paper.
3. The essay is sociological analysis. Analysis means breaking down something into its component parts; the works analyzed have some kind of over-all-structure and meaning. (Sociological meaning: The study of human social behavior, especially the study of the origins, organization, institutions, and development of human society.)
4. Make sure the essay has a sharp focus. Make the main idea clear from the outset.
5. Must have supporting paragraphs with transitions between and within, specfic details, examples, and or facts.
6. The conclusion is a summary of what you have accomplished.
7. Conventional grammar, punctuation, spelling, in-text citation; Work cited/reference page is mandatory.
8. YOU MUST USE BOOKS, PUBLISHED ARTICLES/DATA AND PUBLISHED DISSERTATIONS (EXAMPLES: J-STOR & GOOGLE DOCS)FOR THIS PAPER. ANY ON-LINE SOURCES USED MUST BE A VALID SOURCE.
9. Must have a minimum of four sources, one source can be from either the text or supplemental material.