Ow Beats By Dre changed the audio world
Foundations of Global Business
Individual Assignment Autumn 2014
The Individual report comprises 50% of your Total Module Mark.
Your report will be marked both on the structure and format of your report and on the findings. Marks will be determined by your ability to:
ai??i?? understand and interpret the question
ai??i?? apply information and lessons learnt during the semester
ai??i?? research information and use it to answer the questions
ai??i?? express information and arguments in a logical and well structured manner
The report is to be 2,000 words excluding the Cover sheet, Contents page and References.
The format of the report is to be:
ai??i?? Cover sheet including name of student, seminar tutor, date of submission, and word count
ai??i?? Executive summary
ai??i?? Contents page
ai??i?? Findings (main body of the report)
ai??i?? References (there is to be a minimum of three sources and these are to be referenced in Harvard format)
ai??i?? Reports should be word processed in 11 point type and with 1.5 line spacing
ai??i?? Run a spell check before you submit ai??i?? marks will be deducted for poor spelling and unprofessional presentation
ai??i?? You should write in the style of a business report, not an essay, and should address your report to your client
ai??i?? You are free to use bullet points, charts and graphs (where appropriate), headings and subheadings.
Beats by Dre have made a major impact on the headphones market and have been an undoubted success.
The purpose of your assignment is for you to:
1. Introduction and background (5%)
2. Describe a Porters Five Forces analysis, its purpose and the business benefit. (5%)
3. Conduct a Porters Five Forces of the premium headphones market, (it may help you to consider the market before Beats by Dre were launched). (20%)
4. Using the Marketing Mix analyse the approach that Beats have taken when marketing their products. (40%)
5. Explain the Ansoff Growth Matrix, its purpose and the business benefit (5%)
6. Referencing Ansoff identify some of the strategies that Beats have adopted over time to both expand and survive. (20%)
7. Conclusion (5%)